Applications of Big Data in the Transport Industry
A Workshop of the 2022 IEEE Conference on Big Data (BigData 2022)
December 17-20, 2022 - Osaka, Japan (Covid-19 restrictions permitting)
Call for Papers
Call for Papers
The organizing committee would like to take this opportunity to invite the submission of full papers for presentation at the workshop. Papers should be of up to 10 pages / 8,000 words in length and may focus on any topic related to the theme of “The Application of Big Data Technologies in the Transport Industry”. Papers addressing the introduction of technologies novel to the industry are particularly welcome.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
• Big data for transport simulation and passenger choice modelling (e.g. modelling passenger flows in metro systems);
• Data driven Digital Twins of transport system assets (e.g. dynamic modelling of transport interchanges);
• Big data technology and transportation safety (e.g. analysis of driver data for identification of dangerous intersections);
• Business analytics of transport data (e.g. planning of service provision);
• The Internet of Transport Things (e.g. monitoring of freight in transit);
• Big Data in support of asset management (e.g. Remote Condition Monitoring of vehicles and infrastructure);
• Improved services for customers (e.g. dynamic journey planning during disruptions, delivering the end-to-end journey across transport modes);
• Traffic management and real-time transport operations (e.g. real-time management of traffic congestion).
Full papers should be of up to 10 pages / 8,000 words in length (US letter, IEEE 2-column format), and prepared according to IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscript Formatting Guidelines. Detailed formatting guidelines are available as and files. Latex templates are available .
Full papers should be submitted via the workshop section of the conference’s Cyberchair system, available at . Remember to check that you’re submitting to workshop 21, “Applications of Big Data Technology in the Transport Industry”, or your paper will not reach us.
Papers are due to be submitted on the 1st November 2022 (deadline extended).
Once the call has closed submissions will be evaluated by our international committee of domain experts, and authors will be informed of the outcomes on or before 7th November 2022. Camera-ready versions of the accepted papers will be due by 20th November 2022.
At least one author from each accepted paper must be registered to join the conference to present the work.